Saturday, April 24, 2010

Recipe 1: Banana Bread

This banana bread recipe has never failed. I found it in a church cookbook, called Second Helpin’s, that was given to me when I got married. The contributor of this recipe is Pat Wayment. Thanks, Pat!

Pat’s Banana Walnut Bread
1 cup sugar
½ cup shortening
1 cup mashed bananas
1 tsp baking soda
2 large eggs
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1 ¾ cups regular flour or 2 cups cake flour
Optional: 
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup chocolate chips
Cream sugar, shortening, add eggs one at a time, then bananas (Pam’s note: I mash bananas with a potato masher). Add baking soda, cinnamon, vanilla and then flour. Stir in nuts and chocolate chips. (I also sprinkled some on top of one of the loafs in the picture.) Bake at 350* for 50-60 minutes in greased and floured loaf pan. When done, if not eaten immediately – cool and wrap in plastic bag while warm. Keep refrigerated. (Pam’s note: this step is never necessary at my house, it gets eaten fast!)

No comments:

Post a Comment