Thursday, June 10, 2010

Everyone Pick up the Living Room, NOW!

My sister-in-law called today asking, “Can I bring my grandkids over to see your chickens?” “Sure, why not,” I thought, “just please, don’t come in the house.”
There was a time, long, long ago, when I always had a clean house. In fact, if I knew you were coming over, I’d purposely not straighten up a particular area. After all, I wouldn’t want you to feel bad that I was a perfect housekeeper. With more kids, it became a little harder to keep it perfect. I could still clean up the house spotless with a five minute warning that you were coming over. The lead time necessary gradually stretched to ten minutes. Now, I could make do with a two day warning, if I had to, but if you were my friend, you’d give me a week’s notice. Trust me, you don’t want to come over and see the kitchen (or heaven forbid, the bathroom!) without giving me time to clean up!
When I ask the kids to pick up the living room,they ask,"Who is coming over?" ARGH! Does someone have to be coming over for us to clean the living room? Okay, I admit, my friend is coming over in five minutes. Would you please get your underwear off the couch and put it away?!
At the temple, we use microfiber clothes to clean. They work great. I'm going to order some for home!

No comments:

Post a Comment